Choose the language level you want to practise.
- Program A for beginners: level A1 and A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Program B for lower intermediate learners: level B1 of the CEFR; this is also the level of the “Österreichisches Sprachdiplom” (Austrian Language Diploma) and of the Goethe Insitute.
- Program C for upper intermediate and advanced learners : level B2 and C1 of the CEFR.
Choose the language learning area you want to practice (vocabulary, grammar, texts, audio texts, tests).
You now have the individual training tasks organised in sub-topics in front of you. Click on the desired task to start the training. The tasks are presented in three different formats:
The Word format “Yellow Submarine”, named after the yellow symbols that indicate where learners have to write something, offers fast access and easy and flexible usage.
- The instructions for individual activities are presented in a green box below the title.
- Yellow gap icons or yellow lines and areas indicate positions where learners have to enter the appropriate words or word groups.
- The key can be found right below the training activity.
In addition to the practice activities in word format there are also activities which are evaluated automatically. These activities have been created using the software Hot Potatoes (http://hotpot.uvic.ca).
- gap texts: Click into the gaps and enter your solutions.
- choice: Click on the box and then into the line with the solution you think is correct.
- matching: Click on the appropriate box on the right, hold the left mouse key and drag the box to the corresponding place on the left.
- crossword: Click onto the numbers in the crossword to view the explanations and hints. Enter your solution in the box on top of the page and press “Enter” to enter it into the grid.
- Click on the “Check” button to have the program evaluate your answers.
The sample tests of the “Österreichisches Sprachdiplom” are available in pdf format and can only be downloaded. The program contains the following sample tests:
- A1 Grundstufe Deutsch 1
- A2 Grundstufe Deutsch 2
- A1 KID 1 (Kompetenz in Deutsch 1) for children
- A2 KID 2 (Kompetenz in Deutsch 2) for children and teenagers
- B1 Zertifikat Deutsch (developed in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut, TELC and Fribourg University)
- B1 ZDJ – Zertifikat Deutsch für Jugendliche (developed in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut, TELC and Fribourg University)
- B2 Mittelstufe Deutsch
- C1 Oberstufe Deutsch
- C2 Wirtschaftssprache Deutsch